Kainoa Dang is a Licensed Marriage And Family Therapist specializing in individual, couples and family therapy, and resides on the island of Oahu.
As a Native Hawaii Male born and raised on the island of Oahu, he has grown to understand the need that people have when it comes to finding the right "fit" in a therapist. Being a Native Hawaiian male therapist has helped him gain experience understanding cultural values, its impact on individuals and families, and how he can provide the support they need. He is a graduate of Chaminade University, specializing in Marriage And Family therapy, and is currently serving as private practitioner working with a broad spectrum of clients.
Kainoa is an interactive, client centered, solution-focused therapist. His therapeutic approach is to provide support and practical feedback to help clients effectively address personal life challenges. With compassion and understanding, he integrates complementary methodologies to help you build on your strengths and techniques towards the personal growth you are committed to accomplishing. His highly personalized approach is tailored to each client. Part of his job is to ask you questions you may have not asked yourself, to help you learn about yourself and your problems in a new way that authors your story so you can become "unstuck."
- Master's of Science in Counseling Psychology, Chaminade University of Honolulu, Honolulu, Hawaii
- Bachelor's of Arts in Business Administration, Pacific University, Forest Grove, Oregon
License, Certifications & Awards
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, Hawaii (MFT-436)
- Certified Crisis Prevention Instructor - Department of Education, Hawaii
- Safety Care Trainer Trainer - Department of Education, Hawaii
- Certified Compassion Fatigue Professional Training
- Registered Behavioral Technician training
Professional Activities and Memberships
- Member, President, Hawaii Association for Marriage and Family Therapists (HAMFT)
- Instructor Safety Care and Crisis Management, State of Hawaii Department of Education